is a chemical free sunscreen using plant extracts
created especially for active outdoor people
Selected for EWG's Best Beach and Sports Sunscreens
sunumbra sport is a natural sunscreen containing organic ingredients that is specially formulated for the active outdoors person to ensure...
- High UVA protection
- SPF40 for UVB protection
- Broad Spectrum
- Fully certified ISO/COLIPA for UVA & UVB
- Water resistant 40 minutes
- Vegan and Gluten Free
- REEF Safe - using zinc oxide only, with no toxic chemical sunscreens
Also, sunumbra sport
- Is tested on humans only, not animals and is PETA Vegan and Cruelty Free certified
- Can be used by anyone with dietary, environment or sensitive skin concerns
Pricing and quantity discounts are on the shopping cart pages.
IMPORTANT NOTE ON SHIPPING.
Please note that due to logistic and legislation changes we are no longer able to ship Sunumbra sunscreens directly to our many faithful US and other International customers from our warehouse in Traverse City, Michigan.
As you may well know Sunumbra was developed in South Africa over 13 years ago and from inception has been manufactured in an Eco Certified laboratory in Pitermaritzburg, SA. We have found that there has been considerable demand to post direct from South Africa, even though delivery times can take 3 or more weeks.
In view of this, as well as making the process of ordering Sunumbra easier, we are offering...
free shipping anywhere in the world whilst maintaining original US$ prices unchanged.
Thank you for your understanding.
Watch this short video of the sunscreen being applied:
sunumbra sport provides...
- effective, photo stable, high level protection against both UVA and UVB radiation
- protection from free radical damage and atmospheric toxins
- active natural nutrients and antioxidants to help reverse the effects of free radiacal damage
- that every ingredient offers a clear and direct benefit and is not merely included to 'look good'
Plus, sunumbra sport...
- blocks the UVA exposure to reduce skin cancer and melanoma risk
- while allowing for vitamin D creation through UVB exposure at minimal level
Most sunscreens lack UVA protection, or sufficient levels of UVA protection. Many high SPF products protect against sunburn caused by UVB rays, but very few block the deep penetrating UVA rays enough, which cause skin ageing, immune system suppression and skin cancer.
sunumbra sport is made using natural and organic ingredients. It is the unique combination of these ingredients that has enabled the total replacement of harmful chemicals found in most other sunscreens. These photo-protective and highly water resistant ingredients combine to provide powerful anti-radiation properties. This gives sunumbra sport its exceptional ability to protect against both UVA and UVB light at the highest level.
A study by the Environmental Working Group revealed that less than 20% of sunscreens were both 'low hazard' and 'effective'. This was largely because the other 80% contained potentially harmful chemicals...
Watch this video to discover more
Sunumbra Sport details
Embracing the sunshine outdoors is excellent for one’s health, not least of all to increase our Vit D levels. Wearing a quality non-toxic sunscreen makes it all the more healthy.
Sunumbra sport offers robust, non-toxic sun protection with added natural antioxidant ingredients that boost your own immunities as well as your physical performance abilities.
Suitable for all ages, all skin types
sunumbra sport is supplied in 100ml (3.5oz) tubes. Each tube contains...
Active Ingredient: Zinc oxide 18%, natural sunscreen, non-nano
sunumbra sport does not contain any of the following potentially harmful substances...
- chemical sunscreen filters
- parabens or harmful preservatives
- colorants or added fragrance
- titanium dioxide
- mineral oils
- animal derivatives
- PEG emulsifiers
Active Ingredients: Zinc oxide 18% (non-nano, non-coated) Purpose: sunscreen
De-ionised water; Cape chestnut (Calodendrum capense) seed oil*; sorbitan olivate and cetearyl olivate**; ocimum basilicum hairy root culture extract*; red raspberry (Rubus idaeus) seed oil**; carnauba (Copernicia cerifera) wax*; ascorbyl glucoside (Vit C)*; galactoarabinan**; Aspen (populous tremuloides) bark extract *; superoxide dismutase*; aloe ferox extract***; kigelia extract***; tyrosine*; allantoin*; nicotinamide (Vit B3)*; magnesium chloride*
KEY: * 100% Natural ** Eco-certified organic *** Wild sourced
- Helps prevent sunburn
- If used with other sun protection measures, can decrease the risk of skin cancer and early skin ageing caused by the sun
- For external use only
- Do not use on damaged or broken skin
- Avoid direct contact with eyes. Rinse with water to remove
- Keep out of reach of small children
- Stop use and ask for a doctor if a rash occurs
For sunscreen use apply liberally and evenly 15 minutes before sun exposure (6 tsp per average adult) to all exposed areas – not forgetting the ears, nose, back of the neck, tops of feet and balding or shaven heads.
For children under 6 months of age, ask a doctor.
Make sure to reapply:
- after 40 minutes of swimming or sweating
- immediately after towel drying
- at least every 2 hours
Other sun protection measures:
Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging. To decrease this risk, regularly use a sunscreen with a Broad Spectrum SPF value of 15 or higher and other sun protection measures including:
- Limiting time in the sun, especially between 10am- 2pm
- Wearing sun protective clothing: long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats, and sunglasses
Note: Protect the product in this container from excessive heat and direct sun