a chemical free sunscreen using plant extracts
in a family size at a family price
sunumbra family is a fully natural sunscreen containing organic ingredients that has been especially created for Families use outdoors for
- High UVA protection
- SPF30 for UVB protection
- Fully certified ISO/COLIPA for both UVA & UVB
- Water resistant 40 minutes
- High Broad Spectrum protection
- Gluten Free and Vegan
- Reef Safe
- PETA certified Vegan and Cruelty Free - tested on humans only
- All skin types - Can be used by anyone with dietary, environment or sensitive skin concerns
sunumbra family provides
- effective, photo stable, high level protection against both UVA and UVB radiation
- protection from free radical damage and atmospheric toxins
- active natural nutrients and antioxidants to help reverse the effects of free radical damage
- that every ingredient offers a clear and direct benefit and is not merely included to 'look good'
Plus, sunumbra family
- blocks UVA exposure to reduce skin cancer and melanoma risk
- while allowing for vitamin D creation through UVB exposure at a minimal level
Pricing and quantity discounts are on the shopping cart pages.
IMPORTANT NOTE ON SHIPPING.
Please note that due to logistic and legislation changes we are no longer able to ship Sunumbra sunscreens directly to our many faithful US and other International customers from our warehouse in Traverse City, Michigan.
As you may well know Sunumbra was developed in South Africa over 13 years ago and from inception has been manufactured in an Eco Certified laboratory in Pitermaritzburg, SA. We have found that there has been considerable demand to post direct from South Africa, even though delivery times can take 3 or more weeks.
In view of this, as well as making the process of ordering Sunumbra easier, we are offering...
free shipping anywhere in the world whilst maintaining original US$ prices unchanged.
Thank you for your understanding.
Watch this short video of the sunscreen being applied:
Sunumbra Family Broad Spectrum protection
The world is waking up fast to the potential toxic effects of chemical based sunscreens to both humans and the environment - resulting in increased demand for fully natural zinc based sunscreens.
From inception to now, Sunumbra sunscreens focus on offering not only fully natural protection from the sun but also strengthening your own natural healing and repair properties for any free radical DNA damage caused by UV, InfraRed or Blue Light radiation.
Chemical sunscreens are specifically designed to penetrate the skin in order to be effective, creating the potential for contaminating the blood stream. They have not yet been legislated to prove they do not damage our health.
Hence we chose zinc oxide alone, acknowledging it for its powerful broad spectrum, balanced UVA & UVB protection.
No chemical sunscreen ingredients contaminate our formulas.
Most sunscreens lack UVA protection, or sufficient levels of UVA protection. Many high SPF products protect against sunburn caused by UVB rays, but very few block the deep penetrating UVA rays enough, which cause skin ageing, immune system suppression and skin cancer.
sunumbra family is made exclusively from natural and organic ingredients. It is the unique combination of these ingredients that has enabled the total replacement of harmful chemicals found in most other sunscreens. These photo-protective and highly water resistant ingredients combine to provide powerful anti-radiation properties. This gives sunumbra family its exceptional ability to protect against both UVA and UVB light at the highest level.
A study by the Environmental Working Group revealed that less than 20% of sunscreens were both 'low hazard' and 'effective'. This was largely because the other 80% contained potentially harmful chemicals...
Watch this video to discover more.
sunumbra family is supplied in 250ml (8.4 oz) tubes. Each tube contains...
Active ingredient: zinc oxide 16% (non-nano)
sunumbra family does not contain any of the following potentially harmful substances...
- chemical sunscreen filters
- parabens or harmful preservatives
- colorants or added fragrance
- titanium dioxide
- mineral oils
- animal derivatives
- PEG emulsifiers
Active Ingredients: Zinc oxide 16% (non-nano) Purpose: sunscreen
De-ionised water; Baobab (Adansonia digitata) oil*; sodium olivoil glutamate, cetearyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate**; carnauba (Copernicia cerifera) wax*; galactoarabinan**; Aspen (populous tremuloides) bark extract *; aloe vera extract***; kigelia extract***; tyrosine*; allantoin*; nicotinamide (Vit B3)*, xanthan gum*
KEY: * 100% Natural ** Eco-certified organic *** Wild sourced
- Helps prevent sunburn
- If used with other sun protection measures, can decrease the risk of skin cancer and early skin ageing caused by the sun
- For external use only
- Do not use on damaged or broken skin
- Avoid direct contact with eyes and if required, rinse with water to remove
- Keep out of reach of small children
- Stop use and ask for a doctor if a rash occurs
For sunscreen use apply liberally and evenly 15 minutes before sun exposure (6 tsp per average adult) to all exposed areas – not forgetting the ears, nose, back of the neck, tops of feet and balding or shaven heads.
For children under 6 months of age, ask a doctor.
Make sure to reapply:
- after 40 minutes of swimming or sweating
- immediately after towel drying
- at least every 2 hours
Other sun protection measures:
Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging. To decrease this risk, regularly use a sunscreen with a Broad Spectrum SPF value of 15 or higher and other sun protection measures including:
- Limiting time in the sun, especially between 10am - 2pm
- Wearing sun protective clothing: long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats, and sunglasses
Note: Protect the product in this container from excessive heat and direct sun